BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Column End Angles

Bruce
Expert
How do I change the axis of the column end cut angle? At the moment it cuts, say in the Y-axis direction. I would like it to cut in the X-axis direction. This option is available in the column object (e.g. HEB Column 23), but not the column tool.

I have UC columns meeting rafters (using complex profiles). I would like to tidy them up, but can't due to the orientation.

The image below has an exaggerated cut to demonstrate what I mean.
Bruce Walker
www.brucepwalker.com
Barking Dog BIM YouTube
Mindmeister Mindmap
-- since v8.1 --
AC27 5003 INT Full | Windows 11 64 Pro | 12th Gen Intel i7-12700H 2.30 GHz | 64 Gb RAM | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 32 Gb
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly
With custom profile columns, the axis point is set in the profile itself.
I don't think you can change the plane the top/bottom surface rotates on, but you can duplicate the profile and rotate it in the profile manager.
The replace the column with the new profile, rotate the column so it is the same as it was before and now the top surface will rotate as you want.

I thought there was a way of doing this with a simple column (maybe I am mistaken) but I can't see a way of doing it without rotating the actual column.
Fine if it is square or circular, but if not, you have to transpose the width and depth as well.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Bruce
Expert
Yeah, that's not a feasible workflow. I'll just use trim or SEO. Maybe in a future release, eh?
Bruce Walker
www.brucepwalker.com
Barking Dog BIM YouTube
Mindmeister Mindmap
-- since v8.1 --
AC27 5003 INT Full | Windows 11 64 Pro | 12th Gen Intel i7-12700H 2.30 GHz | 64 Gb RAM | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 32 Gb
Learn and get certified!