Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Curved Roof & Gutter

henrysaxby
Contributor

Hi Archicad Community,

I'm working on a CAD model of an existing building that has a lot of curves in the walls, and warped roofs. As the project will involve extending the building with more of the same, I need to create the building as it exists today. The issue I'm having is creating accurate guttering:

I've created a complex profile and can easily draw the gutter in. Using the magic wand tool, I can then create curved guttering. The issue then becomes incorporating the fall into the gutter. Once the gutter is curved, it can't be rotated on a vertical plane. I've then converted the curved beam to a morph which allows the rotation (this is clunky at best). This works to a limited extent. I can get fall, but it doesn't match the curve of the roof well. Also, once converted to a morph, the intersecting joins disappear. 

I tried my luck using the magic wand in the 3D window (thinking it may clip to the roof edge): this gives me the curve but again leaves the vertical aspect out.

Does anyone know of a work-around? Does anyone have any suggestions? 

Thanks in advance! 

Screenshot 2023-04-16 at 10.26.58 am.png
1 REPLY 1
Hmooslechner
Rockstar

2 solutions:

Apply Your profile to a rail without anything than the profile - rails ran follwow hight-adjustments.

or

simply draw  a profile as Morph and "morph-SEO-add it"  to a 3D-Morph-line-path and follow it.

AC5.5-AC27EduAut, PC-Win10, MacbookAirM1, MacbookM1Max, Win-I7+Nvidia

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!