BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Custom Door Panel

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi guys, I have made a hundred custom door panels and never had a problem- but in one project I make the panel, save it as a custom component, and I get the dialogue that says it will show up where it is suposed to , like I did it correctly, but when I go to my leaf settings and pick my custom panel there are no options to select from.

Any ideas, i understand this isa bit vague but that is all that is happening.
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable
So with this project:

My coworker that is doing this project can make custom panles in other projects on the same computer.

I opened the bad file and cannot creat the custom panle either.
But can in other projects as well.

What do you think about that?

What are we missing in this one paticular project?
How did we break it?
Erika Epstein
Booster
Problems with custom doors has been discussed recently; do a search.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Well- I have searched and been reading posts on this subject for a while now, and before I posted the previous questions: I haven't found the answers I am looking for.

We have more problems with them.

One: From my other office we are sent a file with custom components and their library. All the custom components are there in the library, but, do not seem to be available in the custom panel option on our end, and don't sow up in the model or in plan.

Two: An other coworker, "all of a sudden" since Friday does not have a save custom window option anymore in his custom components dialogue, he has door panel and teh rest, just no window options.

SO, anyway, if anyone has any advice. . .
Anonymous
Not applicable
Jesikuh123 wrote:
...Two: An other coworker, "all of a sudden" since Friday does not have a save custom window option anymore in his custom components dialogue, he has door panel and teh rest, just no window options.

SO, anyway, if anyone has any advice. . .
This has been discussed before.
I have a copy of the installation folder also to replace the bad parts now and then... Strange behaviour anyway

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=113381&highlight=custom+door+panel#113381
Anonymous
Not applicable
Danka, I 'm on it.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Has anyone noticed a problem with inserting custom panels into an arched door transom?

If no one has tried, can you try and see if it works for you>?
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have couple of custom doors in one project. Until recently, they worked fine, then disappeared. I did what was recommended in the post above (re-copy the add-ins and library folders) but no luck.

The library loading report does not show that the objects are missing, but when I go to the door settings and try to select the custom door panel, it's blank except for a check mark.

Any ideas much appreciated - it's now this problem between me and submitting for permit!!
Anonymous
Not applicable
So- yes I used the add ons suggestion for one computer and it worked for them.

Not for anyone else.

I then had this stupid problem occur on my computer- which obviously annoyed me more.
So Myself and the other computer did a complete uninstall and reinstall.
Still the other computer is showing/doing exactly as Chris B explained.
I haven't checked mine yet- but I don't think I am hopeful- how ever I will let you know if it did make a difference.

Anywho- I called my archi cad tech guys (We pay for this subscription of sorts to get help when we need it) They said they don't know, try the ArchiCAD talk forum HELLO! and try the wiki site, and that they dont really know how to fix this or what the problem is. More frustating than I have experience thus far with ArchiCAD. I dont personally usually have problems with it just hepl fix other peoples. But, here I am, stranded.
He did say though, to try this: that is to hold the alt key and go into to file menu and New will become NEW and Reset. This sets archicad settings back to the way they were out of the box. In any event this didn't work either.

So here we are- drooling in front of our computers with 96 custom panels in a huge house that needs a window schedule-

Assuming I don't get an answer here can some one please tell me who I can call to help me? That WILL know? Someone has to know right?
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have to deal with Custom Component problems every two to three weeks. So far I've seen 3 different issues :

- or I'm missing one, two,... of the six standard save as options ;
- or I'm no longer able to change parameters (see picture below) ;
- or I'm lmissing all doors and windows that have custom panels inside ;

Until now I can fix by replacing the Custom Object Macros 11 in the AC library....
If not, I delete all caches folders and preferences (Macintosch HD > Users > Volume 1 > Library > Caches / Preferences > Graphisoft > ...).

I'm not familiar with the specific paths / directories on PC.
Learn and get certified!