Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Custom Door with actual door settings and 2d views

Sabrina
Booster

Hi!

How can I create a custom door that has all the standard door settings and parameters and that shows door swings in 2d etc?
At the moment I don't see much of a difference in saving it as a custom door as it looks like (and behaves) like any other object tbh

5 REPLIES 5
Barry Kelly

Are you wanting a custom door frame (i.e. the shape of the opening? or frame with sidelights and transom?) or just a custom door leaf in any of the standard door objects?

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Hi Barry,

A custom door frame with sidelights and transoms. 

In this particular design we have a custom arched door frame with 2 standard leaves and one "kiddie" door leaf in the bottom left

Currently it only lets me adjust the reveal and overall size, but it would be great to show the leaf open in 2d and 3d, be able to add a handle etc

Screenshot 2023-03-20 132128.pngScreenshot 2023-03-20 132633.png
Lingwisyer
Guru

Does drawing a 2D symbol work with custom doors?

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 

If you want all of the controls of one of the standard door objects, then unfortunately you have to script it in GDL.

You obviously know how to create a custom door frame from slabs.

You can open the script for that object (Select it and then CTRL+SHIFT+O) to open the script.

If you then go to the '2D symbol' window, you should be able to edit the line work to show the door swing.

An alternative to saving a custom door (window or object) is to use Library Part Maker.

It is still not fully parametric, but allows you to set various Levels Of Detail (LOD) and plan symbols I believe - I have never actually used it.

https://graphisoft.com/downloads/addons/lpm/int

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Thanks Barry, the script might be enough for what I need right now so that's super helpful!

Yes, I also thought about the library part maker but I haven't used it either.