BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Customizing the general LCF

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,
I am making a general project template, which should be used in my bureau from all co-workers for a start blank file.
I have adjusted the palette to our needs, but now i am having the following problem:
Whichever Object Tool i try to put in the file, it comes with some earlier default defined Pen numbers (and also colors). Of course i can change them manually, when i am inserting the object, but my question is if i can change these Pen numbers (colors) general for all the objects, or i need to change the color of the Pens with which the objects come into the file, which i have already defined for our needs?
I hope you could get what i wanted to say.
Many thanks in advance!
Best Regards: Kiril
2 REPLIES 2
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
It is best not to change the first row of pens IME, as GS uses a lot of them for their parts as you have found out. Unfortunately, they also use a scattering of other pens for their parts too, so there is no hard and fast rule.
I would suggest you change your thinking a little - keep the top row of pens (and pens 91-100) as is and use dedicated pensets to map them to the colors/thicknesses you want for output.

Try reading some of the Pen Standard related discussions such as the ones here and here, to suggest but a few.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Set the pen set to your office standards. Then make favourites of all the basic objects you use. Favourites are a invaluable tool, one which most users dont find the time to set up but when done correctly.... you will never go back.
Learn and get certified!