Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Dimension Marker

ares997
Contributor
Is there a way to transfer the properties of a windows' dimension marker from one to the other without having to go into the window/door and manually adjusting it.
Archicad 25 (5005), Windows 11, AMD RYZEN 7 3900 (64 GB RAM)
6 REPLIES 6
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Unfortunately not.
I have wished many times it was possible. Or if at least we could save a Favorite and transfer it that way.

I think the difficulty lies in the fact that the Dimension Marker settings is only a subset of all Settings of a Door/Window/Skylight, so how do you tell ArchiCAD that you want to transfer only Dimension Marker settings but not all the rest of the Door/Window/Skylight settings?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Frank Beister
Advisor
how do you tell ArchiCAD that you want to transfer only Dimension Marker settings but not all the rest of the Door/Window/Skylight settings?
As I use a marker hotspot, not a wido hotspot. Too easy?
bim author since 1994 | bim manager since 2018 | author of selfGDL.de | openGDL | skewed archicad user hall of fame | author of bim-all-doors.gsm
F. wrote:
how do you tell ArchiCAD that you want to transfer only Dimension Marker settings but not all the rest of the Door/Window/Skylight settings?
As I use a marker hotspot, not a wido hotspot. Too easy?

???

ALT+marker hotspot >>> CTRL+ALT+marker hotspot on different window does not make a difference = all windows' properties are transferred...
or I am missing something?

Best Regards,
Piotr
Frank Beister
Advisor
We all are missing it. But Laszlo asked how it should work at all. And I proposed to distinguish by using different hotspots. Sorry if I dissapoint you.
bim author since 1994 | bim manager since 2018 | author of selfGDL.de | openGDL | skewed archicad user hall of fame | author of bim-all-doors.gsm
ares997
Contributor
I think if you could add a hotspot that always existed outside the window (in the same location as the marker) which could be turned on and off would be ideal. It would also be ideal if you could inject properties into a special area within the windows and doors setting dialog box like you can when you absorb the properties of an object. I guess if you could inject into the dimension marker itself within the tool.

And there should be a favorites button somewhere so that you can save the properties of a window marker and then you wouldn't really have to add all this additional functionality into the objects.
Archicad 25 (5005), Windows 11, AMD RYZEN 7 3900 (64 GB RAM)
F. wrote:
We all are missing it. But Laszlo asked how it should work at all. And I proposed to distinguish by using different hotspots. Sorry if I dissapoint you.
I did not notice it was a proposal of functionality but rather a tip 😉...

If so - I would add also a favorites to the markers (I proposed it also elsewhere - hopefully someone will finally do something about it)

Edit:
Some time ago I made a marker with 3 predefined sizes...with pull down menu...now I think I should add a scale sensitivity to that marker.

Best Regards,
Piotr