Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Door Schedules and Scale

Grubenstein
Contributor

I have an issue with Door Schedules. 

I want to display the view from the opening side of the door at 1/20 scale. This is so I can annotate onto the door signage and architraves etc. (the casings don't show). The default for the view is 1/50.

I can change the view to 1/20 in the preview box to the left of the schedule. The problem is it eventually jumps back to 1/50 every time. I have tried generating the schedule from a 1/20 floor plan but it makes no difference. It always returns to 1/50. Feels like a bug??

Any advice would be much appreciated 

Regard

Grubenstein

6 REPLIES 6

Save a view of the door schedule in to the Navigator and make sure the scale is set to 1:20 in the view settings too. 

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.1.1
macOS Sonoma (14.2)
Miha_M
Advisor

A door/windows schedule scale should depend on the story scale from which the schedule was initiated. After that you'd need to save that view and it should keep the before set scale.

There is an option in the schedule view from which you can change the view scale, but that works only on that temporary view and resets each time you switch to another view window.

The window/door schedule graphic options should be futher developed into better display options, with the ability to display casings, reveal depth on a horizontal section display, etc.

| Archicad 4.55 - 27
| HP Z840 | 2× E5-2643 v4 | 64 GB RAM | Quadro M5000 | Windows 10 Pro x64
| HP Z4 G4 | W-2245 | 64 GB RAM | RTX A4000 | Windows 11

Thanks all. I was setting the scale in the schedule and not also in the navigator which seems to have now sorted it. One other question where has the restructure table option gone from the contextual menu when you insert a table into a sheet in 25. Was in 21 but doesn't appear in 25. Any ideas would be most welcome

@Grubenstein wrote:

One other question where has the restructure table option gone from the contextual menu when you insert a table into a sheet in 25. Was in 21 but doesn't appear in 25. Any ideas would be most welcome

It is still there in the pet palette so long as you select a corner node of the schedule.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Grubenstein
Contributor

Thanks Barry, Looks like I needed to fit the frame to the schedule and then it appeared. Doesn't if the schedule is partially hidden. One other question does anyone know if you can combine windows in a schedule. I have a triangular window made up of multiple windows (square and trapezium windows). Do I have to save this as a library part for it to appear in the schedule as a whole?

Miha_M
Advisor

The schedules are based on elements. If you want this multiple window based element to appear as one, you'd need to replace it with one single element. I'm not sure if you can save multiple windows as one library element, but you can easily make such a window using basic Archicad elements and save this as a new window. or you could use Library Part Maker for that.

| Archicad 4.55 - 27
| HP Z840 | 2× E5-2643 v4 | 64 GB RAM | Quadro M5000 | Windows 10 Pro x64
| HP Z4 G4 | W-2245 | 64 GB RAM | RTX A4000 | Windows 11