Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Door & Window marker overwrite.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is it possible to overwrite Doors and Windows marker for different views in some way?
First, for 1:50 scale and lower, I'd like to see all information I enable in marker setting, for 1:100 scale I'd like to see only hole dimensions, and for 1:200 scale I want to see only axes line. I won't not see the marker at all, and I won't se window/doors ID in 1:100 or 1:200 drawings. If this is not possible, I think I add this to request (but I hope it is already possible).
8 REPLIES 8
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
I think one of the markers that ships with AC allows for scale sensitive settings.

In the end it's just a GDL scripted library part, so it can be altered to act whichever way you like, but if you are unfamiliar with GDL this might be a lot of work.

I would say they should also be able to be scripted to work with model view options, but that would require even more knowledge of GDL and how to set things up to work with MVO.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Fra
Booster
You can use more labels with different info, for different scales with different layer.
you can apply them with "Label Selected Elements" command

Francesco
AC25 AC26 (Ita)

Mac Studio M1 Max 64 GB - OSX 12.4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erwin wrote:
I think one of the markers that ships with AC allows for scale sensitive settings.
I didn't find a marker that can do what I asked. As suggested by Fra, I can use label to add ID and some other information only in 1:50 views, but I see this as workaround, because I need to add new elements and a dedicated layer. And didn't find a way to hold only hole axis in 1:200 scale.
Erwin wrote:
In the end it's just a GDL scripted library part, so it can be altered to act whichever way you like, but if you are unfamiliar with GDL this might be a lot of work.
I did many GDL objects in past times, but with the latest Archicad version, GDL has become too complex and I have to less time.
Fra
Booster
Borgo1971
it seems to me possible to have only the axis of the hole
AC25 AC26 (Ita)

Mac Studio M1 Max 64 GB - OSX 12.4
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
If you are familiar with GDL it shouldn't be too hard to 'chop up' the existing marker script in to sub-routines that get called using view dependency.

http://gdl.graphisoft.com/gdl-basics/scale-sensitivity

We have 3 markers. One of them is part of our local subsription library (and that's the one I use). The other two I think would be part of the standard library. The one that has scale sensitivity doesn't seem to have the axis line option.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Fra wrote:
Borgo1971
it seems to me possible to have only the axis of the hole
How did you obtain this? Editing marker settings? The problem is to obtain only axis in 1:200 views, axis with dimensions in 1:100 views, and a complete marker with axis, dimension, ID and still hight in 1:50 views. Mostly I can bundle the kind of marker to the scale, but I think it can be handled even better with MVO
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Certain Zone Stamps in the default Archicad Library are scripted to be scale-sensitive, however, I am not aware of any Door/Window Marker that would be scale-sensitive in what it displays. Maybe a wish for such a feature would be in order.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi all,

Thank you very much for sharing your ideas about this issue!

As Laszlo said, unfortunately, the default Door/Window markers are not scale-sensitive. However, a wish for this function has been entered into our Wish List database previously (please refer to it as #9911). I really hope that our Product Management team will adopt this one in the future.

Thank you all once more, and I wish you a great day!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT