Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Double Pocket Sliding door in AC18?

rob2218
Enthusiast
does AC18 have a double pocket sliding door?
if so, where is it?
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
9 REPLIES 9
rob2218
Enthusiast
Sorry...I should have been more specific....
Does AC18 have a "double sliding pocket door" that both doors slide in the same direction into the same pocket? now sliding apart from each other.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
rob2218
Enthusiast
something like this...
double-pocket-door.png
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Karl Ottenstein
Interesting. I hadn't seen a door like that before - and cannot find one in the library - but found this site that makes the hardware:

http://www.johnsonhardware.com/200bp.htm

Looks like you may have to fake it or model a custom door.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
rob2218
Enthusiast
krap...was hoping I didn't have to do that.
David Sanders has a nice set of GDL objects that work well...if I could only get the "pocket" door 2d symbol not to be "black" in fill.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
rob2218
Enthusiast
Fleetwood aparently also have them.
it appears in climates that are conducive to large, open aired spaces, these doors hit the mark.
Karl wrote:
Interesting. I hadn't seen a door like that before - and cannot find one in the library - but found this site that makes the hardware:

http://www.johnsonhardware.com/200bp.htm

Looks like you may have to fake it or model a custom door.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tha Cadimage door tool can do this... 😉
rob2218
Enthusiast
I have no doubt the CADImage toolls are great....I just can't justify forking out $900 for tools that I may use once or twice.
Also, the CADImage tools are not transferable, meaning....if the other party doesn't have CADImage purchased...your screwed.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
I suppose the fact that there is a 30-day free trial, and that once you create a door it is perfectly usable by anyone else (just not editable) is unpersuasive. I am also not sure how a $29/mo. subscription (which you can start and stop at any time) equates to "$900," but you seem pretty determined not to use this very helpful suggestion regarding Cadimage.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Anonymous
Not applicable
rob2218 wrote:
I have no doubt the CADImage toolls are great....I just can't justify forking out $900 for tools that I may use once or twice.
Also, the CADImage tools are not transferable, meaning....if the other party doesn't have CADImage purchased...your screwed.
I know its not what you want to hear, but you will use them more than once or twice, I can assure you. I have only used one window in the last 10 years that could not be created with the Cadimage tool, and that was a rotated window (all 4 sides angled). You'd get your investment back in time saved trying to find a different Archicad window for every situation.

And no, I don't get a commission from them 😉