BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.
SOLVED!

Duplicate Library parts

Gisele
Advocate

   

Attached is a screenshot of the list of duplicate items (placeable and non-placeable duplicates). Can I safely delete the non-placeable?

non placeable duplicates.jpglist of pleacable duplicate.jpglist.jpg
AC 26 - 5002 USA FULL
Win11 Pro 22H2 - 13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900KF 3.00 GHz - 64 GB - 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solution
DGSketcher
Legend

Click on the arrow next to the part name, it will then expand to give you the path to each of the duplicate parts. It's not easy to know what you have done from that posted image other than to suggest you have possibly loaded an old library with a new one when migrating / updating a file?

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

View solution in original post

Solution
DGSketcher
Legend

Before you do anything I am about to suggest... SAVE/MAKE A COPY OF THE CURRENT FILE so you can go back to your current state or recover the library parts if necessary.

You should keep the files starting with the line C:\Program Files\Graphisoft... these are loaded from outside your PLN file. You would have to unload these libraries to remove these files, but I have a feeling that isn't required.

The remaining files appearing as duplicates are embedded e.g. saved within the drawing file. This suggests you or someone has been looking at and trying to modify the original door image files which have then been saved, this action puts them under the Embedded section of the Library Manager. If you are sure these embedded copies are no longer needed then they can be deleted. 

Without knowing which file AC is applying it is difficult to say with 100% certainty why they were created, however it looks from what is visible that they are only part of the door settings interface so their removal shouldn't be a problem. 

You should be able to check the difference by looking at the impact on the D4 & D3 Sliding door settings.

If after deletion you end up with missing parts rather than duplicates, then someone may have used the images in a custom library part.

Let us know how you get on. Hopefully it is just a simple deletion exercise to get the file cleaned up.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Solution
DGSketcher
Legend

Click on the arrow next to the part name, it will then expand to give you the path to each of the duplicate parts. It's not easy to know what you have done from that posted image other than to suggest you have possibly loaded an old library with a new one when migrating / updating a file?

Gisele
Advocate

Attached in a screenshot of a few Duplicate library parts. Are you saying that I just need to follow the links to delete the duplicate?

AC 26 - 5002 USA FULL
Win11 Pro 22H2 - 13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900KF 3.00 GHz - 64 GB - 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Solution
DGSketcher
Legend

Before you do anything I am about to suggest... SAVE/MAKE A COPY OF THE CURRENT FILE so you can go back to your current state or recover the library parts if necessary.

You should keep the files starting with the line C:\Program Files\Graphisoft... these are loaded from outside your PLN file. You would have to unload these libraries to remove these files, but I have a feeling that isn't required.

The remaining files appearing as duplicates are embedded e.g. saved within the drawing file. This suggests you or someone has been looking at and trying to modify the original door image files which have then been saved, this action puts them under the Embedded section of the Library Manager. If you are sure these embedded copies are no longer needed then they can be deleted. 

Without knowing which file AC is applying it is difficult to say with 100% certainty why they were created, however it looks from what is visible that they are only part of the door settings interface so their removal shouldn't be a problem. 

You should be able to check the difference by looking at the impact on the D4 & D3 Sliding door settings.

If after deletion you end up with missing parts rather than duplicates, then someone may have used the images in a custom library part.

Let us know how you get on. Hopefully it is just a simple deletion exercise to get the file cleaned up.

Learn and get certified!