Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.
SOLVED!

Element not to drop shadow.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have modeled an elevation that has to include a "tent", which is a shape that delineates restrictions. I have put the "tent" on a wireframe layer, but it keeps dropping shadow on my elevations.

Originally, I tried to make it a transparent object, but to represent fine, I need to turn transparency on on the elevation which is not an option because my windows become transparent too (not desirable). So, How can I have that 3D element to represent as lines only without casting shadow?

Thanks,
C.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Barry Kelly
When I make a layer wire frame, then no elements in that layer will cast shadow (tested in version 22).

Do you need to see shadows at all in the elevation - you can turn them off in the elevation settings.

If the tent is an object and you are able to edit that object, I believe it can be scripted so that is does not cast shadows.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Barry Kelly
When I make a layer wire frame, then no elements in that layer will cast shadow (tested in version 22).

Do you need to see shadows at all in the elevation - you can turn them off in the elevation settings.

If the tent is an object and you are able to edit that object, I believe it can be scripted so that is does not cast shadows.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Barry, Don't know what I did wrong the first time but I did it again and it worked. Thanks