Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Elevator on 2d floor plans & elevator shaft details

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi! this is my first topic in this forum. I have a problem of course. i could not find a relative topic with my problem on the forum.
so, i am doing an apartment construction project. I put an elevator from library.(by the way I am using archicad 20). but the elevator object has some problems.
firstly; I set this elevator for 6 floor, but it is not visible on every 2d floor plan. it is just visible the main car level. how am I going to do to fix this?

the second problem is about elevator shaft walls. I want to do the elevator shaft walls as a shear wall(reinforced concrete). and I want to see these on floor plans and sections as well. are there any detail option for these shaft walls? because I could not see. otherwise, I am going to do myself.

I wish I explained the problem clearly. English is not my native lang.
6 REPLIES 6
Eduardo Rolon
First, graphically the elevator is supposed to be shown only on the floor that it will be "parked". Showing the elevator car in every floor means that you have 6 elevators one on top of the other.

For the second, I normally use regular walls for the shaft with a door placed for the elevators.

So basically I only use the Elevator Object for scheduling purposes and for Keynotes.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for answering.
I also thought like that. But in my country everyone draws like I told above, even in college. What I mean, elevator car should be seen every floor. I don't know why this is. Then I will draw with 2d line.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Select your Elevator object and go to its Settings Dialog.
In the Floor Plan and Section panel set the Show on Stories field to "All Relevant Stories".
Also check the 3D of the Elevator. Is it going up all the Stories you want it to? If not, you probably need to set the Story-related parameters of the Elevator properly, like how many Stories above its Home Story it should extend to.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
yes I did this. the elevator shaft and its equipments are seen every floor right now.
but I was curious about why the elevator car is visible for just the main floor.

thanks anyway.

Both of the issues here still remain in AC 26. 

The elevator car can only be shown on the one storey that it is "parked" on. It shows as a hidden line on the stories above and below if you change the visibility settings to "All Relevant Stories". There should be a way to see it as a solid line on every storey. 

Also, you can give the elevator a shaft wall, which is nice, but you cannot edit anything about this wall. It would be nice to change the material etc. Why is it so limited and can't behave like a normal wall?

Seems like drawing everything elevator related is best done in 2D.

Cool. 

iannzhjab
Participant

Welcome to the forum, and don't worry; we're here to help! Regarding the visibility issue of the elevator on different floor plans, you should check the settings of the elevator object in ArchiCAD 20. Make sure it's set to be visible on all relevant floor plans. You can explore the software's detail options for the elevator shaft walls. If you can't find what you need, you can manually create the shaft walls. As for detailed guidance, consider reaching out to Hin Chong. They're experienced in elevator installation and could provide valuable insights and assistance.