BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Ellipse Cased Opening problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everyone, this is my first post here, fortunately because I haven't had to post yet because of the helpfulness of this forum.

I am having an issue creating an ellipse cased opening. I have tried methods to achieve this, and have still failed.

I tried using the "Ellipse Top Window Opening", with 0 sill height - this is nice, it gives the appearance of what I am going for as for the elliptical door opening shape. The UI is great, and I love the parametric capabilities to edit the shape. However, it has no listing parameters, and obviously won't show up in the door schedule. I also cannot add casing to this object.

I tried creating my own custom door object, but this process is very lengthy if I need slightly different openings each project, and I do not know how to list this in the schedule.

The "D Segmented 16" with an empty panel is as close as I can get to what I'd like to achieve here with its parametric capabilities. If only it had the same UI and parameters of the "Ellipse Top Window Opening" for its shape, not just a segmented arch.

Basically, I know the code is in there somewhere... Any suggestions? Thanks very much in advance for the help!

-Harris
3 REPLIES 3
Erika Epstein
Booster
Use the ID field to label door/window numbers.

If all your doors start with D, e.g. D01, D02, etc. then in the schedule use this to filter and list all ID's that begin with 'D'. Whether the door is made with the door tool or the window tool, it will list both providing their ID begins with 'D'

In the Interactive Scheduler, (IS), create a schedule that lists all doors or windows and whose ID begins with D.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, this tip can work temporarily, and at least the hole will now show up in my door schedules with an ID.

However, with the empty hole openings there are no other parameters for listing that I can embed within the object, such as remarks and things I would put in the "user defined" listing, for uniformity purposes.

If only that D Segmented 16 had an elliptical option, it would be perfect. That way there would actually be casing, and the casing would show up in plan instead of a blank hole, etc., alas...
Erika Epstein
Booster
You can make a custom panel to fit the framed opening. That is often easier. You may have to clean up the custom panel with gdl parameters that can be called in schedules.

Have you looked at the arched top windows? I've been able to use them for scheduling and then did a detail of the door elevation to give more precise information to the manufacturers. A bit of a workaround, but it works around 🙂
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Learn and get certified!