Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Embedded Library - Recurring Contamination

Josh Verran
Expert

Hi there

We have a recurring issue on almost all jobs.
The embedded library becomes populated with about ~20 folders (Master_GDL type files).
Which in turn imports hundreds of new attributes.

The embedded library in our template is empty.
We have a resource file that also has an empty embedded library.

I understand how if someone downloads an object (or acquires another way) and doesn't systematically check, it can contaminate the embedded library.
However, in our instances, it's always the same files/folders that are being added to the project's embedded library.
If it was one of the occurrences, I would expect each embedded library would be different.

I've worked with a staff member, watched them open a new file, then 20 minutes later the embedded library is as attached in the screenshot. They only added one object and that was from the CI library.

I recognize some of the folders (eg BIMobject Library, A2 Landscape DD.mod).

From what I can tell the HLMs aren't contaminated.

Also when I clear the embedded library, I never seem to come across any missing objects.

I suspect there's something else going on, I just can't figure out.

Screenshot 2023-04-21 081614.jpg

GRAPHISOFT CERTIFIED ARCHICAD BIM MANAGER

ARCHICAD 18-27 | BIMcloud Basic | CI Tools | Grasshopper - Rhino | CloudCompare | Bluebeam

LinkedIn | www.creativespace.co.nz | Tauranga, New Zealand

Windows 10 Pro | Intel Core i9-9900K @3.60GHZ | 32Gb RAM | 2xSamsung S27F350 1920x1080 60Hz | Nvidia Quadro P2200 (5Gb)
3 REPLIES 3
Josh Verran
Expert

I have received the below from our distributor's tech support. Curious if anyone else is encountering this issue.

This is a known issue with Archicad which has been present for a long time. Because this issue can be present in a custom template, it will affect any project made from that template as well. Similarly, it can be introduced into files by copying elements from another file. In order to prevent this issue, it is necessary to repair and clean any file prior to copying data from it.

GRAPHISOFT CERTIFIED ARCHICAD BIM MANAGER

ARCHICAD 18-27 | BIMcloud Basic | CI Tools | Grasshopper - Rhino | CloudCompare | Bluebeam

LinkedIn | www.creativespace.co.nz | Tauranga, New Zealand

Windows 10 Pro | Intel Core i9-9900K @3.60GHZ | 32Gb RAM | 2xSamsung S27F350 1920x1080 60Hz | Nvidia Quadro P2200 (5Gb)

Yes, all the time....

if you copy ANY ELEMENT (line, wall, object) from File "A" that has a Master_GDL file in its  library, into File "B",

then

all the MASTER_GDL will run and the MASTER_GDL and Dependent files listed in the Master_GDL script are copied From file "A" to File "B" embedded library, with folder structures.

the Master_GDL files will also create all the attributes listed in the code.

the only solution is to delete all the embedded libraries from a file before copying any content (not possible in an architectural practice, i know)

this the one i am constantly chasing down from the Accessory Library...

AllanP_0-1682650866489.png

I have been using ArchiCAD continually since ArchiCAD 4.5, 4.5.5, 5, 5.1, 6, 6.5, 7, 8, 8.1, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18, 21, 22, 25, now testing 27
Member of Architalk since 2003, but missed the migration to Graphisoft.
(where have all my original posts gone?)
scottjm
Expert

Wow! That looks hectic! Do the new items start appearing from after a library refresh and reload?

I would test with removing all our your standard linked libraries from an brand new template and then progressively adding each one back in after you’ve confirmed it’s not the cause. 

It could also be a buggy addon causing it? I’d do a testing on a totally fresh AC install. 

I know some of the CI Tools also add some image and configs file to the embedded library and they tend to ‘self replicate’ themselves over time I’ve found, especially with HLMs. 

Scott J. Moore | Fulton Trotter Architects | BIM Manager, Associate, Architect
Since AC13 | Current versions AC23.7000 & AC26.5002 | BIMCloud Basic | Python, GDL, VBA, PHP, SQL, CSS
Certified Graphisoft BIM Manger (2022)
Win 10, i9-9900K, 32GB, Quadro P2200, 500GB NVMe

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!