BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.
SOLVED!

Extending internal rooflight lining

Jewell
Contributor

Hi All

I have inserted a roof light into the monopitch roof of my model which is fine - but I need to extend the internal lining of the roof light to extend through the void between the external roof and the ceiling below (which is at the same angle as the external mono pitch roof).

Tried everything I can think of. Can anybody please help.

Thanks

Screenshot 2023-03-05 at 12.13.46.png
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

Many thanks Kei. 

That's great.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
kmitotk
Advocate

Easiest way is to include the ceiling in the roof composite. If that's not an option then the next easiest way should be resorting to morph. In 3D view, open the skylight setting and set the 3D representation to Full. Duplicate the skylight in place and convert the copy into morph (right click and "Convert selection to morph" ). Ungroup the converted morph skylight and delete everything except for the lining. Use the pet palette Push/pull to extend the lining edge to desired size. Open the skylight settings and turn off the lining.

It is unfortunate that we don't have lining depth parameter in the skylight settings..

Kei Mito

Architect | Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager
ArchiCAD 26 & 27 JPN USA & INT | Windows 10

Solution

Many thanks Kei. 

That's great.

Learn and get certified!

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions