Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

GDL Custom Window using Standard Library Window

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am new to GDL but trying to soak it up fast and seeing what I can (and can't) do. I've taken the W1 Casement 12 and replaced the macro call for the frame and casement with my own custom parametric geometry.
So far all the parameters and reveal and casing etc etc options seem to be available and working well.
My question is...is this a workable technique (I would never be able to write that macro that is in the standard library window). Will I end up with a custom window that will be able to be saved with others like it into a custom library? Will the standard library macro always be there to be referred to by the "call" or do I have to do something when saving as a library?
Hope this makes sense...sorry for my inexperience but I am very encouraged by my results so far.
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable
OK...after more experiments I realize some of what I said before was coming from too little experience.

I am still trying to work with a custom window using the W1 Casement 12 as a starting point.

I have a very specific question: I defined some new materials and I want to be able to assign them to the frame, sash, grill, casing etc. from a drop down list.
This is not a problem with the frame because I created a new geometry with new material parameters in the 3D script. But I am keeping the W1 Casement 12 sash, grill, casing etc. and the material parameters are locked...I can't set them with a drop down list.
Can anybody explain how I can unlock those material parameters?

Thanks in advance.