Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Ganging Storefront Window 19?

Bill
Contributor
Does anyone know how to control the ganging in Storefront Window 19? I can't find it in the settings... I know that it CAN be ganged, because if I eyedropper the settings from another window type that already is ganged into the preview of Storefront Window 19 in the settings box (say, for example, from a fixed wood window) then the window DOES show as ganged, but I can't figure out where to turn it on or off...

Thanks!

Bill
Bill Szustak RA

Principal, Springboard Design

ArchiCAD 25, macOS Ventura 13.4.1
4 REPLIES 4
fuzzytnth3
Booster
I maybe wrong but I think Graphisoft have assumed that with a Storefront window it is a standalone window.

A more complicated screen would be better modelled using the Curtain Walling tool.

The Storefront does not have the Connecting Structures tab but possibly has got the same default GDL parameters hence why the eyedropper works as there is no longer an "Show all parameters" option

Read more here
AC versions 3.41 to 25 (UKI Full 5005).
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics
Eduardo Rolon
I think GS renamed it to "JOINT"
Screen Shot 2015-12-17 at 12.41.31 PM.png
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Bill
Contributor
Thanks, but that controls only the left and right, and I need to control the top and bottom, as well.

I can get around it by constructing the multi-story wall as one element and then placing a multipaned aluminum window in there. However, I know that I have often wanted to 'split' the wall into different stories and it was nice to be able to have part of the window in the one wall and another part in the other.

I tend not to use the curtainwall tool because 1) it was seemed difficult to use, 2) it couldn't schedule associated doors, and 3) a punched opening like this isn't really a curtainwall, but it's honestly been a number of years since I've used it, maybe I'll look at that again, can it gang members, as well?

Bill
Bill Szustak RA

Principal, Springboard Design

ArchiCAD 25, macOS Ventura 13.4.1
fuzzytnth3
Booster
I've just finished scheduling doors and doors in curtain walling with a bit of help by adding IFC parameters where object parameters were missing from the curtain wall parameters.

It took me a while to get my head round the curtain wall tool but I used various YouTube how tos to get a better understanding so preserver
AC versions 3.41 to 25 (UKI Full 5005).
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics