Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.
SOLVED!

Hatch pattern shows through the doors and windows in the circular slanted wall

Isaac Newton
Enthusiast

Good time of the day, gentlemen

I've got a problem with the doors and windows in the circular slanted walls.

When I place them there, the hatch pattern shows through them in plans as if they didn't form the holes in these circular slanted walls:

IsaacNewton_2-1679051852108.png

IsaacNewton_1-1679051790150.png

Could you please tell me what should I do to remove this hatch pattern from underneath the doors and windows, and make them look like in ordinary vertical walls?:

IsaacNewton_3-1679051965110.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solution
MinhNguyen
Advocate

Check the renovation status of the window and the wall. If the wall is Existing while the window is Demolished, the fill is shown through

BIM Manager
DKO Architecture - HCMC

View solution in original post

Solution

I've got what was wrong! The phase filter was set to New + Existing. I'm not sure what's it called in the original version, in German version it's called "Reiner Neubau" though. As soon as I set it to just new, or "Neubau" (as it's called in German version), it started displaying the openings properly in that wall

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
AlexM09
Booster

Check that you don't have selected 'Overhead all' in 'floor plan display'.

AlexM09_0-1679054613665.png

Or

Check in the 'Settings dialogue -> Plan and section' that you don't have fills set up with a transparent background. Excuse my Swedish settings.

AlexM09_1-1679054845194.png

Isaac Newton
Enthusiast

Thanks! No problem, mine is German) But it doesn't seem to work. As to the Floor Plan Display, it says: "Symbolic", and the hatch pattern still shows through:

IsaacNewton_0-1679060458062.png

And as to the settings for plan and section, I haven't found all that you have shown in your screenshot perhaps:

IsaacNewton_1-1679060615802.png

AlexM09
Booster

I am not able to remake your error without specifically assigning a hatch to the window object. And you don't seem to have any hatch, with lines, assigned. 

It might be an object/library error. In section view, a small piece from the bottom of the window is missing. Go to 'Library manager' and refresh your library - remove + add it back again.

It might be an viewmap problem. Check that the settings are correct.

AlexM09_0-1679063415406.png

It might be that your window is assigned to another floor.

It might be because of the wall settings; check floor and floor plan display.

Isaac Newton
Enthusiast

Tried all this, but still the same problem. But thank you! I'll look what can I do about it a bit later

Solution
MinhNguyen
Advocate

Check the renovation status of the window and the wall. If the wall is Existing while the window is Demolished, the fill is shown through

BIM Manager
DKO Architecture - HCMC

BrunoH
Expert

 Maybe just Trace on with Transparent Fills on ?

Trace.png

ArchiCad 3.43 to 26
MacOS Monterey

That's it! Thank you very much! The wall is existing, but the window however is just new. No parts of that wall are set for demolition. Except the brickwork inside of the given window. But, perhaps there is something that can be done about it, except tracing it with the mask fill?

Isaac Newton
Enthusiast

That's also an option that I thought about, but I'd still like to make it BIM if possible

Solution

I've got what was wrong! The phase filter was set to New + Existing. I'm not sure what's it called in the original version, in German version it's called "Reiner Neubau" though. As soon as I set it to just new, or "Neubau" (as it's called in German version), it started displaying the openings properly in that wall