Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Help!

Anonymous
Not applicable
I keep getting this error, I have no idea of what it is

"Divide by zero
at line 93 in the Master script of file m_Rail Horizontal.gsm."

It appears when I open my file and when I do other stuff.
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
This is a worning.....one parameter in the object Railings Macros "m_Rail Horizontal.gsm" has a value of 0. You must change this value.
This object is a part of an RAILING object. To find which Railing has that value set to 0, select one by one your railings and edit it (CTRL+T). If the "Divide by...." message appears, you found the right railing.
Anonymous
Not applicable
If you have a lot of railings select half and then half again to narrow the search quickly. Of course it could be that all, or many of the railings share the same problem. It also may not be immediately obvious which parameter is causing the trouble as the zero divisor may be an internal result of another calculation. If so it may be easier to reset the part to its defaults and readjust to what you need.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your replys. It's not like I've made a lot of railings on purpose, in fact, I only see one and I did change the parameters from cero but I did'nt see the "Divide by..." mesagge and the problem remains.

How can I find other railings in the project? I only know how to find objects in general with the find and select but not specific stuff, don't know how to find the source of the problem.
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
aknamarquez wrote:
How can I find other railings in the project? I only know how to find objects in general with the find and select but not specific stuff
In the Find & Select dialog box, set Element Type = Object, click add, select Name for criteria, clicking on the small arrow on the right will bring up a list of placed objects on the current story, select the Object name of the railing.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14