Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

How do I show a door frame beneath the leaf as shown in the preview/options page???

Anonymous
Not applicable
Guys, this has been driving me mad - and the only way I've managed to get this to work is by using Cadimage doors objects (which are stupidly expensive).
I need to show the threshold/frame detail going completely under the door leaf. The options icon alludes to the fact that you can, but I have no idea how to get this square behind to show. Any ideas?
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
Highlighted part in red, in my screenshot by the way.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Anyone?
Barry Kelly
What door object are you using (showing in your screen shot) and what language version are you using?

You show the settings for the sill, there should be another page where you can change the settings for the frame as well.
Without knowing the object name I would have to go hunting, and the AUS library may even be different to the one you have.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
It's the 'Door 24' object in the INT library, the only sizing options I have in the frame options page is this:

Which would allow me to reduce any of the side/top frames to 0 (hence gone) but no way to add the frame underneath. Any ideas?
Barry Kelly
I don't have access to 24 at the moment but I had a look at Door 23.
I don't use this door at all but I don't see any settings for a bottom frame.
I think the first image you show is a little misleading by Graphisoft.

There is a threshold but that will be at least the full width of the wall if extended both sides and it is not possible to make it the same as the frame width.
I don't see a way off adding a bottom frame, but as I say I don't use that library part.
Maybe someone who does may have a suggestion?

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Think the issue with low response is that a lot of the users have a local version of the library, rather than the INT library.

For me, for example, I have a Dutch translation, so it won't be of much use to you to show settings etc

There are options to have a threshold extend under the door though. But not with the type you are showing now. That one would even 'block' the door if it opened in the direction of that treshold and I do not believe we have that as an option for doors (it is there for windows though).

Some options just do not exist. Like having the threshold run up the frame, like the more traditional stone work ones (at least in Netherlands).
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5