BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

How do you load Archicad 22 elevation markers? I only see AC14 available?

rob2218
Enthusiast
I've inherited (key word) this project and I'm trying to load my AC22 elevation markers, how do I do that?
All I see is the AC14 markers listed.
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
8 REPLIES 8
Lingwisyer
Guru
Adding the AC22 library does not work? Object Library.lcf more specifically I believe.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
rob2218
Enthusiast
I added the Archicad 22 Library using the Library Manager and no AC22 Elevation Markers are available. I'm not sure what else to do?
I can try to remove and re-add the AC22 Library but...I fear I'll get the same results. I just can't seem to find/locate the AC22 Elevation Markers when I go to chose an elevation marker type. Only the AC14 marker shows up.

Need further help.
I've sent the PLA file to Graphisoft but I'm afraid that when the PLA saves....it misses out on some parts as the warning states. Not all information gets saved out. the PLA export has been doing this since who knows when.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
vistasp
Advisor
Is the v14 elevation marker also loaded? If it has the same GUID as the v22 marker, could it be taking precedence?
= v i s t a s p =
bT Square Peg
https://archicadstuff.blogspot.com
https://www.btsquarepeg.com
| AC 9-27 INT | Win11 | Ryzen 5700 | 32 GB | RTX 3050 |
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
When I open the ARCHICAD 22 Template.tpl in AC22, the only Elevation Marker available is the Built-In Elevation Marker, so that is the only option. The Section Tool has the Built-In Section Marker as well as the Section Part Marker_NCS 22. The two Built-In Markers are available even with no libraries loaded (they are part of the application).

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
rob2218
Enthusiast
THANKS David.
So....here's the deal. The "Built-in-Elevation Marker" of which is the only option, isn't linking itself nor updating itself when the elevation views are placed on a sheet.

IN plan, the elevation markers read as "DWG#" and "SHT#" where in they aren't registering the location of where the views are being placed on the sheets.

And no, the are set to autoupdate on the views so that's not the issue....they just DO NOT REGISTER where they are being placed.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Barry Kelly
rob2218 wrote:
IN plan, the elevation markers read as "DWG#" and "SHT#" where in they aren't registering the location of where the views are being placed on the sheets.
They may not look correct in plan, but are they correct when you open the layout for the plan?

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
rob2218 wrote:
So....here's the deal. The "Built-in-Elevation Marker" of which is the only option, isn't linking itself nor updating itself when the elevation views are placed on a sheet.

I would try relinking the markers: Elevation Settings > General > with Marker Reference to: The selected drawing then browse to the desired drawing. Short of opening the file in AC14 and trying to figure out where the problem started, I would just relink and get on with the project. I don't think "DWG#" and "SHT#" are Autotext.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
rob2218
Enthusiast
They look fine in plan, the graphics of the elevation marker that is...but...they just wont link (update with elevation number and sheet number) when you move the viewmap assigned to that elevation onto a layout.

Barry wrote:
rob2218 wrote:
They may not look correct in plan, but are they correct when you open the layout for the plan?

Barry.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Learn and get certified!