Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

How to convert Imagew jpg, bmp or tiff in image gsm

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there any software or system for the converson of Images in jpg, bmp or tiff in image gsm. I would like to inserti .gsm in my Archicad 12 library. Thank you.
5 REPLIES 5
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Maybe I am misunderstanding you but GSM is not an image file format but the format for ArchiCAD Library Parts.
So how could you convert images to GSM?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
I wanted to say that sometime I downloaded some image 3D or other from www.Archibaseplanet.com in format .gsm
Before I asked if is possible to convert Images .jpg, ,jmb or .tiff in Image .gsm because I would like to add to my ArchiCAD Library Parts some pictures of furnitures that I take with my photo camera or from some web site, so I can make a project with the wished furniture.
May be you can recommend me another sistem.
I am an University Student at the last year (Interior Design) and I would like to put the best images in my degree examination.
Thank you for you help.
from Archibase, only format gsm.JPG
Frank Beister
Advisor
You do not need to convert. AC can directly use JPG, BMP and TIF (best with no compression) on plan, layout and directly in GDL and GDL-UIs.
bim author since 1994 | bim manager since 2018 | author of selfGDL.de | openGDL | skewed archicad user hall of fame | author of bim-all-doors.gsm
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
What you need to do is open the Library Part for editing and paste the desired image into its Preview Picture window, then save the Library Part.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
You can place an image with the figure tool.
Figures can be placed in plan, in section or elevation.

You can also place images into Light Works renderings

Look here for similar discussion.

Snap