Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

How to design L shape ramp

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello ,
I have 2 ramp in my project. One is straight and another is L shaped. I have already designed the straight ramp using object named 'ramp 23'. (See the fig)
But I am can't design the L shape ramp. Are there any other object to draw this?
18 REPLIES 18
TBH, I was hoping for a more straightforward method. I wonder what is the point of being able to use the stair tool to create ramps, when even a fairly simple ramp like the one I'm trying to make is so cumbersome?
Mac OSX 13.6.4 | AC 26 INT 3001 FULL
Barry Kelly
Achille wrote:
I wonder what is the point of being able to use the stair tool to create ramps, when even a fairly simple ramp like the one I'm trying to make is so cumbersome?

That is just it.
The stair tool has not been made to create ramps.
These are just work-arounds to try to do it with the stair tool.
It seems logical that the stair tool could do a decent ramp - but it can't it seems.

Personally I would use a ramp object, roof, mesh or morph.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
OK.
So, for clarity to the users I think that there should be a disclaimer to this: https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/knowledgebase/75566/ that the method works only for straight flight ramps
Mac OSX 13.6.4 | AC 26 INT 3001 FULL
Anonymous
Not applicable
You can create any type of ramp using stair tool. I already did this. here is a tutorial which I followed. Although it's not n englis u can use automatic translation. Don't worry/. you can do this
Anonymous
Not applicable
Achille wrote:
TBH, I was hoping for a more straightforward method. I wonder what is the point of being able to use the stair tool to create ramps, when even a fairly simple ramp like the one I'm trying to make is so cumbersome?
Perhaps your project needs are very specific... but for this kind of ramp I use just three roofs/planes.
It allows me to use composites and the mitering between roofs/plans is perfect.
The last ramp I make it with negative pitch just for hide the roof pivot line in an edge.
HTH.
Barry Kelly
avishiplu wrote:
You can create any type of ramp using stair tool. I already did this. here is a tutorial which I followed. Although it's not n englis u can use automatic translation. Don't worry/. you can do this

There is no link to the tutorial.
Could you provide one please?

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Anonymous
Not applicable
HERE IS THE TUTORIAL
Barry Kelly
avishiplu wrote:
HERE IS THE TUTORIAL

Thanks Avi.
I didn't understand a word but it was very informative all the same.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Very nice!
Thanks Guilherme Lima for the video and Avi for the link.

@Barry
You can always put automatic legends in English.