Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.
SOLVED!

How to group objects so that selecting one selects all in group

Espen da Silva
Booster

Hi, I'm following a tutorial on grouping, which is quite simple. Select multiple objects > ctrl+g. Then you should be able to select all objects in the group by selecting one of them. But for some reason grouping objects does not do this. The objects change color slightly but when I deselect them and try to select one, only one is selected, an not the group. Is there a reason for this? How do I fix it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

You have grouping suspended so although the objects or elements are grouped they are temporarily able to be selected and moved independently. Under the menu where group and ungroup is selected, make sure ‘suspend groups’ is turned off. 

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.1.1
macOS Sonoma (14.2)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution

You have grouping suspended so although the objects or elements are grouped they are temporarily able to be selected and moved independently. Under the menu where group and ungroup is selected, make sure ‘suspend groups’ is turned off. 

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.1.1
macOS Sonoma (14.2)

Thank you, I found the setting you mentioned under Edit > Grouping > Suspend groups, which I toggled off.