BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

How to rotate window?

BTN_Morten
Participant

Hi, how can I rotate a window according to picture?

Thanks

BTN_Morten_0-1676473132336.png

Archicad 26

4 REPLIES 4
ArchiMind
Advocate

Hello.

Try finding " Skewed Window 26 " object in the standard ArchiCAD window tool. Should provide the desired result.
If not you should search in google how to create a "custom window archicad". There are plenty of video tutorials on how you can do it.

Cheers,

Stefan

Versions 13 to 25
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core
RAM:32GB
GPU: RTX 2080Ti
Windows 11

Hi,

Thank you for the reply.

I assume you refering to these types under? (I have Archicad in Norwegian). None of these will give the correct result. The first can not be sized correctly and the secound have vertical frames.

BTN_Morten_1-1676541292258.png

I will check custom windows and see if that will solve the case.

Lingwisyer
Guru
Lingwisyer
Guru

If you do not need the 2D to be 100%... You can easily add some extra transformations if you want to move the pivot point. Basically just add a rotation parameter and a tabIDx one to any window. If you want to get the correct 2D though, you might be able to add some trig to the 2D script to override the B value used and transformations for the window origin.

Ling.

ps. If you want to be more complicated by flexible, you could mix it with what has been done in this thread.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Learn and get certified!