Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

How to save favorite to new library

arh klekers
Participant

Right now i should prepare BIMcloud for office work.
I want to create new library for my company.

Some doors i have created by myself and have sasved to favorites
Is it possible to save all favorites (doors, windows, walls, markers) and have it as library what i can always update in BIMcloud?

If i save normal door as GDL object it always appear rotated 90 grades and with the wall laying on the ground.

I have already tried to export all favorites, but it saves favorites as favorites. I can also use it and update only favorites every time, but i think its easier to have company own library.

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly

Objects are stored in a library folder (or LCF (Library Container File)).

They can be part of you BIMcloud setup and loaded into each file.

Favourites are saved in each file and not the library.

So you need to import them into each file.

You can export them (as a .PRF file) and you can save this file in your library.

But any time you want to update your favourites, you must re-save that PRF file and then import that into every other file (there is no central automatically updating source for favourites).

I prefer just to import the favourites directly from my template which I always keep up to date - saves the step of exporting them and saving them in the library.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Novice
Participant

Hi Barry,

Your comment above sounds most relevant to what I am trying to do. I have just documented my first project and I am trying to save some of the changes I made back into my template. I am trying to export favourites (using import/export) into my template but that isn't working. Some of the changes I want to make are to Documentation notes, others are favourite objects, or layers.

Your advice would be much appreciated.

Ande

Favourites just store the settings for an element so you can repeat them over and over.

They will control the style of the text (font, colour, size, etc.) but they will not control the content of the text.

For notes, you will have to copy and paste the text into your template.

For objects, favourites will store the parameter settings.

So you can save multiple favourites for a door object that set different sizes or frame materials, etc.

Layers are attributes, which you can use the Attribute Manager to transfer between files.

Favourites will remember the layer name, but will not create the layer if it does not exist.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11