Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

How to select all objects in a layer

Espen da Silva
Booster

There is a post asking the same question, but this is from 2010, and I can't follow the steps in the answer. I want to select all the objects in a specified layer, which may contain multiple types of objects. How do I do this for Archicad 26?

EspendaSilva_0-1681902772876.png

2 REPLIES 2
David Maudlin
Virtuoso

Espen da Silva:

Click on the arrow next to "Section" and set it to "All Types". Click the "Add..." button and add Layer as another criteria.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David

David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14

I'm assuming when you say "objects" you mean literal ArchiCAD objects. First, select one of the objects that you know is on the layer you want to use as the criteria. Then click on the eye dropper tool (highlighted in light-blue above). Then under "Element Type" change it to objects. Then click the "Add..." button and choose layer. By having previously sucked up the settings of your selected object, the layer should already be set. Finally, hit the "+" button and it will select all "objects" on a given layer.

Rex Maximilian, Honolulu, USA - www.rexmaximilian.com
ArchiCAD 27 (user since 3.4, 1991)
16" MacBook Pro; M1 Max (2021), 32GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, 32-Core GPU
Apple Vision Pro w/ BIMx
Creator of the Maximilian ArchiCAD Template System