Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

IKEA obects in Archicad format

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Just had a search for IKEA objects on Sketch UP 3D warehouse. A good number probably a few hundred items.

Had a look on BIMComponents, there were 2 (both coathooks)

Might spend a day downloading and converting to Archicad for own use , but just wondering if someone has beaten me to it and would like to share.

Would there be a copyright issue if I or some-else uploaded back to BIM components?

Thanks in advance
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
It is also a same Picture as in the IKEA:

https://bimcomponents.com/GSM/Details/15910
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks , nice picture.

Unfortunatly in AC16 format. Im still on 12 (but hoping to upgrade to 17 soon!)
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
If you are on ArchiCAD 12, you will not be able to upload it to BIMComponents. That site works with only version AC16 and up since it is integrated into the program (a feature earlier versions didn't have).
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
But if You know someone having AC 16 license and having installed 16-15-14-13 and 12....You may be able to downgrade the object.

However it must not be password protected and it must not use the newer GDL commands than used in AC 12.

It may be done via internal library and downgrading pln file from version to version.

While downgrading from 13 to 12 You will get the internal library from 13 pln extracted into a folder created along with the 12 pln.

Best regards,
Piotr
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Piotr wrote:
But if You know someone having AC 16 license and having installed 16-15-14-13 and 12....You may be able to downgrade the object.
If downgrading that far, and assuming the AC16 GDL code is compatible with AC 12, then it might be quicker to simply open a new object in AC 12 and copy the GDL code from each script window from the AC 16 object.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14