Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.
SOLVED!

Importing DWG from 3ds max - showing only top view while I need elevation?

cocoloco
Advocate

Hi!

Our visualisater who works in 3D max and created chandelier and saved it in DWG as I needed elevations ONLY for my drawings. She made sure to save the whole file as DWG (top view, elevations etc.). When I imported it into Archchciad the only thing that appears on my screen is the top view of chandelier but I need the elevation so I can add it into my drawings.

Could someone advise? The chandelier elevation is really in the DWG file itself, I tried to open it In 3D MAX and it opens it as that, but in archicad, only top view. (see pics below: with black background is the chandelier dwg from 3ds max, and with white background, the green circles is the top chandelier in Archicad ).  Is there maybe some option of this dwg to see what's all in, maybe it's hiding the other views somewhere?:D I tried if the chandelier would show the elevations maybe in 3d but nope. 

Thank youuu!

c815642e-9689-4d3a-a229-8e4c92532b35.jpg

Screenshot 2024-05-08 at 11.04.39 AM.png

Operating system used: Mac Apple Silicon Sonoma 14.4.1.

MacBook Pro, Sonoma: 2.6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7, Intel 16GB mem,
Archicad Solo 26 and 27 (in testing mode)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Ricardo Lopez
Advocate

HI @cocoloco 

Although this is not an AutoCAD or 3dsmax forum, maybe you could watch the following YouTube video: https://youtu.be/Hj4KkwYyF-E?si=topIU3Wvxg5ysWmJ

I hope it works.

Regards.-

M. Arch. Ricardo López
BIM Consultant | Project Solutions and Services | Panama
AC17-27 SPA+INT | Windows 11 | MSI WE75 9TK, 32GB, Nvidia Quadro RTX 3000

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Solution
Ricardo Lopez
Advocate

HI @cocoloco 

Although this is not an AutoCAD or 3dsmax forum, maybe you could watch the following YouTube video: https://youtu.be/Hj4KkwYyF-E?si=topIU3Wvxg5ysWmJ

I hope it works.

Regards.-

M. Arch. Ricardo López
BIM Consultant | Project Solutions and Services | Panama
AC17-27 SPA+INT | Windows 11 | MSI WE75 9TK, 32GB, Nvidia Quadro RTX 3000

Setup info provided by author