BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.
SOLVED!

Invisible Library Parts

DGSketcher
Legend

I have two library parts in my embedded folder. They report being placed with 12 instances. A schedule which lists only library part names returns nothing.

If I delete them they are reported as missing even after running open & repair.

I have turned all layers and renovation filters to on, changed the 2D & 3D scripts to simple shapes & applied the "Building Element" subtype, I have gone through every view in the project map and still I can't find the placed instances to delete them.

This is happening in my updated AC27 Template file & I would really like to finish cleaning up now I have done everything else.

Any suggestions?

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
DGSketcher
Legend

Thank you for all the suggestions. I have finally found them in the last place anyone would look... Schedules > Elements.

Having destroyed every view this was the only thing left. I then remembered trying to use the schedules to present some objects with added annotation objects (the offending parts) to indicate sizes & angles. AC spat its dummy and the process was abandoned. So although the schedules were there and empty e.g. nothing to display, the annotation parts that had been placed remained buried in the schedule.

The offending schedules have now been deleted and all is good.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Barry Kelly

Is it because they are being used in favourites?

Although I don't think they would show as placed instances.

Could they be in a design option, you will only see the active design options?

If you place one of the objects, I assume you can see it.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Hi Barry,

Thanks for the reply.

Objects not listed in Favourites.

Design Options haven't been used in the template, so Main Model Only is the only DO option at this point.

New copies of invisible objects can be placed and are visible in 2D & 3D with an appropriate increase in placed copies.

I can see the same problem in my AC26 template. So I think it's an historic issue, at some point these objects have got "locked" in the database. They are now redundant after upgrading my library, so it would be good to get rid of them if possible.

Trevor

JeffH
Enthusiast

We had this same issue when I was improving and updating our templates for Version 26.

I eventually located the handful of objects within Worksheets that no one ever used to begin with.

Might this be where your objects are also residing?

Or, Do you do any pinning of things to specific renovation filters?  

AC24 / AC26
Win10
4dProof
Advisor

you've checked all worksheets, elevations, sections, etc. etc. etc.?

finding missing library parts is a bit of a drudge. Can you share a screen shot of the library loading report?

BIM solutions and trouble shooting (self proclaimed) expert. Using Archicad 26 5002 US on Mac OS 11.5.2
Barry Kelly

If the missing objects are not showing in a schedule that is set to show all objects in all storeys, then it must be in a view that is not the plan.

So it must be in a worksheet, detail, 3D Document (?), section, elevation, etc.

The only thing I can suggest is to make a copy of your template and gradually destroy it, until the missing objects no longer appear as missing.

Delete the worksheets and see if the objects still list as missing.

Delete the details and check again.

You get the idea now.

Even start deleting your storeys if you still can't find them.

That hopefully will give you an idea of where they are.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
mthd
Ace

Probably a very simple troubleshooting that you must have already done by now ? Layers select all and turn them all on. I had a setting for “all layers on” but when I create new ones they are not included.

Not good to waste our time looking for library parts that may not even have not been loaded correctly in the first place 

Hope you find them hiding somewhere or may the scripting be faulty if they are too old or go back before V13 ?

AC8.1 - AC27 ARM AUS + CI Tools
Apple Mac Studio M1 Max Chip 10C CPU
24C GPU 7.8TF 32GB RAM OS Ventura
Solution
DGSketcher
Legend

Thank you for all the suggestions. I have finally found them in the last place anyone would look... Schedules > Elements.

Having destroyed every view this was the only thing left. I then remembered trying to use the schedules to present some objects with added annotation objects (the offending parts) to indicate sizes & angles. AC spat its dummy and the process was abandoned. So although the schedules were there and empty e.g. nothing to display, the annotation parts that had been placed remained buried in the schedule.

The offending schedules have now been deleted and all is good.

That’s cool that you found what was causing the problem. looks like that purging our templates are not without there inherent risks. When everything is linked together like it is in AC some things can get hidden or lost by the looks? It reminds me of why we sometimes use a registry cleaner to remove any leftover files from an application install. All fun in a days work when troubleshooting takes over our work time lol.

AC8.1 - AC27 ARM AUS + CI Tools
Apple Mac Studio M1 Max Chip 10C CPU
24C GPU 7.8TF 32GB RAM OS Ventura
Learn and get certified!