BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Issues related to Parameter Arrays, Custom AutoText and GUI

Nader Belal
Mentor
Hi there,

I want to draw your attention to an issue that is a little bummer.

I have created a title block object that contains a number of parameters arrays, that are connected to constant and custom AutoText string values (mainly from Project Info), for consultation, revision, and may for its inclusion in the layout as text.

What I have observed is that for custom autotext values, that if you sent them directly to the GUI they appear like this (some minor elements were hidden due to confidentiality clause).

The only way I have found that by passes this issues are:
1. Create custom parameters in the object that are reference to the autotext directly, which is not an optimised way.
2. Create a dummy parameter/variable that receives the autotext values and sends it to the array parameter, which is also a bummer.

If you have another solution that I´m not aware of, I would be grateful to know it.

Best regards,
Moonlight
A good friend of mine have once told me that I´m so brute that I´m capable of creating a GDL script capable of creating GDLs.
6 REPLIES 6
Nader Belal
Mentor
Hi there,

I want to write a correction,

Revising the GDL reference manual for AC 22 & 23, Autotext Code doesn't get substituted by the actual values until you get out of the object tool
A good friend of mine have once told me that I´m so brute that I´m capable of creating a GDL script capable of creating GDLs.
Lingwisyer
Guru
I guess that is much like how a script cannot read autotext returns...

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Nader Belal
Mentor
@Lingwisyer

Actually it is
Lingwisyer
Guru
It is? As in you can read the Autotext value? There were other threads around that talked about alternative ways to get the required values. IF "autotext" and such did not used to work? Has that changed?

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Nader Belal
Mentor
Seriously ?? I will check them out
Nader Belal
Mentor
@Lingswisyer

Sorry, there was an error of interpretation from my part, that issue related AutoText have not been changed.
Learn and get certified!