BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Lamp object glitch / Bigger fixture library?

Geof Gainer
Booster
A number of AC Library 14's lighting objects could use some fixing. Wall Lamps' 2D symbol, for example, is 90° off from the 3D object, and off-center. So to make a proper looking electrical plan, it throws the 3D renderings off, and vice-versa.

While I'm at it, the standard library still contains an awkwardly small collection of fully-parametric lighting and plumbing objects. I've seen the tons of objects available at online GDL stores, but they all seem to lack proper parameters: adjustments for sloped ceilings (as mentioned elsewhere here), linking ID to displayed text, showing sconce elevation on floor plan, etc. I've bought switch and receptacle objects elsewhere, which, while they're not very manipulable in 2D (symbol should be separately adjustable, like Int'r Elev'n stamp), they make schedules super easy, and they show up on interior elevations to boot.

The standard plumbing library could use some work as well. Every client will have strong opinions of what arrangement and type of valve, diverter, tub filler, shower head and handheld wand (and whether that's fixed or on a rod) goes in their bath. There's gazillions of styles out there, but all the client really needs to see on the interior elevations is that they're the right basic type, at the right height and position.

Buying a fancy, memory-laden object online is fine for the occasional rendering, but isn't a standard package of the basic, simple-looking plumbing and electrical fixtures we spec every day something that should come standard?
AC fan since v 7. Currently on AC 26 Build 5003 USA FULL Apple Silicon,. 2022 Mac Studio, 32G ram. OS X 12.6.2
0 REPLIES 0
Learn and get certified!