BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

List of library parts placed on the floor plan

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi!
Through listing/scheduling ArchiCAD can easily make a list of library parts placed in the project, which follow the chosen criteria.

Is there a way to achieve something similar from a GDL script level?

Let's say the task is to create a library part which makes a live list of all the other library parts placed on the floor plan, and counts them. The lists (one for the names, one for the count) can be stored within this library part as array parameters.
4 REPLIES 4
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Not sure why this would have to be a schedule or library part, but the Library Manager already gives you this information for each loaded library container or library part (placed objects, placed instances, list of these). As the name implies, this is where you are managing your loaded libraries, so this is the logical place to have this information available to you, in my opinion.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for your honest opinion, however it is not exactly what I am looking for.
I know library manager contains this information, but I would like my GDL object to read this information too. If you insist on examples why would a library part need this kind of information, here is my reason.
What I am trying to achieve is an object which knows if another object is placed next to it/touches it/ is connect to it. In order to interact those two objects have to "know" if and where another one is located.
Or maybe you know a better way to do it?
Impossible - the objects do not talk to each other..unless using external text files..

The object can be aware of being inside a zone...and that's all..about self awareness.

Maybe some Grasshoper setup can do what You need...

An maybe a schedule is enough.

Piotr
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for some valuable hints Piotr!
Learn and get certified!