BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Looking for a tutorial on creating custom door panels

4hotshoes
Advisor
Our office is new to AC and we regularly spec custom doors. I need to know tips and tricks for creating good door panels. Can you post a link that is not too old.

I would like to also know if doors will keep rail and style dims when resized? Can I also change materials? If I create them on the plan, where do I hide them without deleting them?

Thanks
Todd Oeftger
AC27 Mac MacBook Pro 15", 2019, 2.3 GHz i9, 32GB, Radeon Pro 560X 4GB, 500GB SSD, 32" Samsung Display (2560x1440)
3 REPLIES 3
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Here is an article from the ARCHICAD Help files:

https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/user-guide/76693/
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Lingwisyer
Guru
4hotshoes wrote:
I would like to also know if doors will keep rail and style dims when resized? Can I also change materials? If I create them on the plan, where do I hide them without deleting them?

Just put them on a hidden layer.
Unless the custom panel is scripted in GDL to allow for material changes, you are unable to modify materials per instance. You instead have to save a copy of your panel for each variation.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
4hotshoes
Advisor
Unless the custom panel is scripted in GDL to allow for material changes, you are unable to modify materials per instance. You instead have to save a copy of your panel for each variation.
Ling.
I did find a way to change the surface materials. I created a Building Material called "Interior Doors" that way I can change the surface material of that building material. However, if the door is created with beams and slabs, the beams will not change from their original surface material but slabs will. Also, if a door leaf is created with just slabs, you have to manually update the door by selecting all the doors you want to update, then change the leaf to another style, then change it back to the custom leaf. This forces them to update.
Todd Oeftger
AC27 Mac MacBook Pro 15", 2019, 2.3 GHz i9, 32GB, Radeon Pro 560X 4GB, 500GB SSD, 32" Samsung Display (2560x1440)
Learn and get certified!