Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.
SOLVED!

MIGRATION SCRIPTS QUESTION ?

Nader Belal
Mentor
Hi There,

I would like to ask if I can use migration scripts for (if it's possible😞
1. Migrate an older version of the object to the newer version knowing that both of them are using the same version of ArchiCAD ?
2. Migrate the older version subtype to the newer version subtype ?

Thank you in advance
A good friend of mine have once told me that I´m so brute that I´m capable of creating a GDL script capable of creating GDLs.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Barry Kelly
1. Definitely. I do this all the time.

Migration is based on the GUID of the object.
If the 'old' object is in the job but no longer in the loaded libraries, then it will migrate to the 'new' object that is in the loaded library so long as you have set up the migration scripts properly.
If the 'old' object is still in a loaded library then the migration will not happen.

2. I have never tried, but I don't see why it can't change the subtype.
As mentioned it simply swaps an object with a particular GUID to another object.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Barry Kelly
1. Definitely. I do this all the time.

Migration is based on the GUID of the object.
If the 'old' object is in the job but no longer in the loaded libraries, then it will migrate to the 'new' object that is in the loaded library so long as you have set up the migration scripts properly.
If the 'old' object is still in a loaded library then the migration will not happen.

2. I have never tried, but I don't see why it can't change the subtype.
As mentioned it simply swaps an object with a particular GUID to another object.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Nader Belal
Mentor
Thank you Barry
A good friend of mine have once told me that I´m so brute that I´m capable of creating a GDL script capable of creating GDLs.