Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Metal web joist object size

Anonymous
Not applicable
Has anyone been able to adjust the height of the "Metal Web Joist" object (in the AC22 library) to match current posistrut sizes? I need to use a posistrut that is 360mm high overall and cannot find a suitable setting within the object.
If not, can anyone tell me how to modify the object to make it work at 360mm high?
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
**bump**
Lingwisyer
Guru
Which localisation are you using? There is no "Metal Web Joist" in the AUS library.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Barry Kelly
As far as I can see that object has fixed sizes and no option for custom sizes.
It may be possible to edit the GDL if you can understand it.

Otherwise it would be a matter of finding a 3rd party object that is customisable (or the exact size you want) - sorry I am not aware of any.

Or you could place a beam for each length you require.
Convert it into a morph and the edit it to the required height.
Save back as an object and then place where you need them.
You will need to do this for each length as they will not be adjustable when you save them back as an object.

Or similarly, create you own joist from slabs laying on the floor (it is easier to create them laying on their side).
Then save as an object with the correct top view.
Again you will need to do this for each length as they will not really be adjustable.
Small length adjustments may be OK as the object will stretch uniformly, but larger ones will not increase/decrease the number of webs.

Or if you don't need them for 3D then just place a normal beam and in sections add 2D lines and fills to represent the joist.
This way you can still schedule the joist if you need to.
If you don't need to schedule them and you don't need to see them in 3D then there is really no need to place them at all.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Barry Kelly
Lingwisyer wrote:
Which localisation are you using? There is no "Metal Web Joist" in the AUS library.
Yes there is, I was just looking at it.
It is also in BIMComponents.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Lingwisyer
Guru
Oh... It is a wooden joist... My bad...

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
DGSketcher
Legend
Could be a good one for the Rail Tool?

The UK version of Metal Web Joist 23 is set to 373mm. As the modelling is only representative have you considered an SEO to skim the top & bottom by 6.5mm. I doubt the majority would pick up what you've done
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)