Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Mising something again... [Polygon Operations Macro]

Frank Beister
Advisor
I am looking for Polygon Operations Macro of the base library. Part of the bib until AC 12 (Macros>INT), but missing in 13 and 14.

Is it replaced by a new macro and has not been deleted from documentation or I am looking for gone library part?

I use it in a self written object, which malfunction now.
@GS
Would I be allowed to ship the old macro with my own objects, if it is not part of the general library anymore? I understood the base library in this way.
bim author since 1994 | bim manager since 2018 | author of selfGDL.de | openGDL | skewed archicad user hall of fame | author of bim-all-doors.gsm
3 REPLIES 3
ztaskai
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Frank,
F. wrote:
I am looking for Polygon Operations Macro of the base library. Part of the bib until AC 12 (Macros>INT), but missing in 13 and 14.

Is it replaced by a new macro and has not been deleted from documentation or I am looking for gone library part?
This macro is available and we don't plan to kill it. It is published with all other Basic Macros in the Basic Library. I checked and the currently available v13.3204 version contains it. (See the Basic Library section of the Downloads page.) The v14 Basic Library will be made available very soon. Although... the importance of this given macro has decreased much since the appearance of the "GDL PolyOperations" GDL add-on. Using this is much faster and more robust. You should consider changing to that.
F. wrote:
Would I be allowed to ship the old macro with my own objects, if it is not part of the general library anymore? I understood the base library in this way.
Yes. Basic Library and Basic Macros were created and published to give library developers a stable platform they can build on. This goes for all element of the Basic Library but not for the elements of ArchiCAD Library. This latter group is considered as part of the - commercial licensed - package. Referring to them and calling them is possible, of course.

Best regards,
Zsolt Táskai
ArchiCAD Development - GDL Team
AC13, AC14 and upwards...
Frank Beister
Advisor
Hello Zsolt,

thanks for your explanations. I will have a look on "GDL PolyOperations".
The Macro has been part of the German library until AC12. Will the basic library not be shipped anymore by the main library. Does the user has to add it by hand?

Best regards,
Frank
bim author since 1994 | bim manager since 2018 | author of selfGDL.de | openGDL | skewed archicad user hall of fame | author of bim-all-doors.gsm
ztaskai
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
F. wrote:
The Macro has been part of the German library until AC12. Will the basic library not be shipped anymore by the main library. Does the user has to add it by hand?
Usually, only those macros are included in the standard AC package, which are actually used (there are some exceptions to this rule, though). So it is OK that it was present before but not any more.

When a library developer chooses to use a macro from the Basic Library which is not there in the targeted country's standard library, she should include that macro in her library itself. End users shouldn't be bothered by library interdependencies.

Best regards,
Zsolt Táskai
ArchiCAD Development - GDL Team
AC13, AC14 and upwards...

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!