BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Missing Library Parts

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm opening a file in v9 that was done in v8.1. the report shows that I'm missing some objects. This is the same report that comes up when I go to 3D window, with the pop-up that says "warning, stop or continue" See below.

Can't find picture file: AT_Asphalt, called
at line 6 of file MASTER_GDL_ATerra20.GDL.
Can't find picture file: AT_Dashed, called
at line 15 of file MASTER_GDL_ATerra20.GDL.
Can't find picture file: AT_Continuous, called
at line 24 of file MASTER_GDL_ATerra20.GDL.

Also the library loading report is attached.

I have looked everywhere in v8 and 9 for this. Any ideas where I should look? Where are these files located? Also is there a way to turn off the loading report?

Help please.

Jim

lib loading report.jpg
5 REPLIES 5
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
These are textures. Image files. It looks like they may have come from ArchiTerra. You can locate them in your OS, by way of a simple search/find. Then if/when you find them, load the library (folder) they are in using the Library Manager. Chances are they won't be in the ArchiCAD folders at all.

That's it in a nutshell.

Cheers,
Link.
Djordje
Ace
Link wrote:
These are textures. Image files. It looks like they may have come from ArchiTerra.
They are.

Install ArchiTerra, start it, and all will be well, as it loads the library that those part reside in.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Or, if you don't want to load ArchiTerra, you can go to the Attribute Manager and 1. eliminate the texture associated with a Material or 2. eliminate the Material.

woodster
attribute.jpg
Djordje
Ace
woodster wrote:
Or, if you don't want to load ArchiTerra, you can go to the Attribute Manager and 1. eliminate the texture associated with a Material or 2. eliminate the Material.
Why do you all presume that nothing is using those materials?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Djordje wrote:

Why do you all presume that nothing is using those materials?

I don't

Something probably is if there is an error report every time the 3D window comes up. But if the user doesn't notice that something that should look like asphalt doesn't, maybe he doesn't care?

By the way, the report can be turned of by going to Options/Work Environment.../User Preference Schemes/Imaging and Calculation. But if you turned it off, how would you know you had a problem?

woodster
Learn and get certified!