Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Missing library 12-11 parts

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello
I have two questions.
Although I'm in a brand new (not striped out and carried forward) file, AC16 says I'm missing some libr 12 objects, but as you can see in attachment, they all have 11 in their names.
So, I'm searching my AC-12 disk but can't find a folder (lcf) or similar to load just the 12 libr for now. So where is the 12 libr on the disk??
AND
Why there an 11 in the object name?
Let me guess.....
Is it because it was in a migration libr that I've long since forgot about maybe?
3d

LIb-12-11.png
12 REPLIES 12
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
3d4draww wrote:
Although I'm in a brand new (not striped out and carried forward) file, AC16 says I'm missing some libr 12 objects, but as you can see in attachment, they all have 11 in their names.
So, I'm searching my AC-12 disk but can't find a folder (lcf) or similar to load just the 12 libr for now. So where is the 12 libr on the disk??
I don't think you will need to load the old AC12 Library, as you have the AC16 Library loaded. I would try loading the AC12 Migration Library, which should be in the ArchiCAD 16 Folder > ArchiCAD Migration Libraries > ArchiCAD 12 Migration Library. There is also a ArchiCAD 11 Migration Library in the same location.
3d4draww wrote:
Why there an 11 in the object name?
Refers to version 11. Just about all ArchiCAD Library parts carry the AC version as part of their name.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the reply.

As you can see, I've now got both the 11 and 12 migration libraries loaded and yet it still says I have the same objects missing.

And what concerns me just as much, (or more) is why would it be saying these parts are missing in the first place when this is a brand new, (non carried forward) file?
LIbrary Missing still.png
Eduardo Rolon
A possibility is that the previous library was INT and this one is another localization or viceversa. Then even though you have loaded the correct migration library AC cannot read it.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the reply

Never have had an INT library that I'm aware of.
I'm using Bobrow's AMT, but non of these parts (or as I should say, their DOTS) are in my file.
It's a completely clear template file as far as I know.
I have not started any design work in this template yet.
I've searched the file and can't find any (missing DOT) parts, so why would library report say they are missing?

How do I get rid of these so called "missing" objects, since they are not in my file?
i.e. Is there a way to just clear this "missing" objects library report?
Eduardo Rolon
Check your favorites and default tool settings to see if their settings reference old objects.
FWIW also check that there are no linked modules and try to do a "New and Reset" to AC to see if it helps.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm a bit afraid to use the " "New and Reset" as I'm not sure how many other things I've spent the time to set will then go away.
Like my custom tool settings and other preferences, pallets etc.
Do you have a preferred link you could post that shows what specifically will be reset?
The AC help button did not get me a hit.
I'll try the wiki next..... Well all I found there was old and non specific.
Eric Bobrow
Enthusiast
Hi Logan -

I looked at your library loading report and can see that the missing parts are ones that are in the hotlinked module file that we use for the interactive legends in MasterTemplate. I'm not sure why they are not being found in your ArchiCAD 16 Library, since when we create each version of MasterTemplate, we make sure that it loads correctly using only the current version of the library.

I am on vacation for a few days following my 60th birthday so will have to keep this brief (I'm trying not to be on the computer for very long each day).

For now, please load the remaining LCF libraries in your Migration Libraries folder: add the ones for AC13, AC14 and AC15. This should resolve the problem for now. The parts that are being referenced are likely ones that were constant (unchanged) in AC11 and AC12, but were changed at some later date. They will only appear in the migration library version that precedes the update, which is why they may not be included in the two that you loaded (AC11 and AC12 migration libraries).

If for some reason, this still does not fix the issue, then I suggest that you ignore it until I get back to town and can look at it directly. It will NOT get in the way of creating a successful project; in this case it is only an annoyance in terms of getting an error message and the library loading report.

Do not do a New and Reset, as this will set you up with a new project using the standard Graphisoft template rather than one based on MasterTemplate with your own customizations.

As I said, I'm a bit unsure why this message is appearing, as we do set up AMT so that it does not require migration libraries. I'll take a look at it with you when I get back from my little break.

Eric Bobrow
Eduardo Rolon
If afraid to do it you shouldn't but at this point looks like the template is referencing objects that you don't know were they are. You could try creating a new file in AC17 using one of the custom templates to see if the missing objects ale show there though they should not and if they do then it becomes a weirder problem.

Independently you should save and export your Work Environments and your Favorites.
-----
With 17 there were enough changes (look for the migration guides in Help) that most have decided to rebuild their templates instead of bringing them forward from previous versions. Basically that means bringing WE settings that do not conflict with AC17, for example shortcuts, palette organizations, custom toolboxes. For objects you should import the favorites and review them to upgrade the ones that have new options, for example walls. For layers, pen settings etc you will need to use Attribute Manager to bring stuff forward.
-----
Hope this helps.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Eric Bobrow
Enthusiast
Eduardo -

Logan is using MasterTemplate 16 and the ArchiCAD 16 Library. As I wrote, this file should only require the standard library, without the migration libraries, as that's how we always set up MasterTemplate for each version. I will look into this after I return from a few days off.

For ArchiCAD 17, we rebuilt MasterTemplate from the ground up so that it would use all the new Building Materials and other attribute revisions done by Graphisoft. It is totally fresh, although built with the same fundamental ideas and structure as previous versions.

Eric