Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.
SOLVED!

Missing taps and handles - cabinet object

ivorhession
Booster

Hey all,

Having a small but annoying issue in my 3D view of a project I'm working on.

I am building a kitchen base unit, using the default Archicad 25 library object.  I have built it all up with a sink, rebated handles and tap.

On the plan, and section they are looking perfect, however in the 3d the tap and the handles are missing.

I suspect that it is an issue with the GDL options and or the MVO, as when i go into the MVO there is a tab for 'Options for GDL objects (Archicad library 17)' and on this tab there is a toggle for showing the tap and knobs - as you can see in the screen grab attached.

If any one can point me in the direction of what is happening it would be really great.

Cheers

Ivor

ivorhession_0-1644854901335.png

Ivor Hession
Principal

tóg_architecture
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

Great! sometimes a simple close or restart will solve the issue. 😎

In the end what is your Objective?
ArchiCAD 9 onwards

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

If I'm not mistaken it's probably due to the fact that your model view options are not showing the current version as they should be showing your current version unless you have potentially an older one loaded.

You are basically trying to control the model view options with the global library from version 17 instead of 25

ryejuan
Advisor

in your model view option (MVO) try checking this items under Accessories in 3D. (see image below for reference) 😎

ryejuan_0-1644906622036.png

In the end what is your Objective?
ArchiCAD 9 onwards
Barry Kelly

What libraries do you have loaded?

You say you are using a 25 cabinet, but your MVO shows you have some of the library global controls loaded for 17, 21 and 24, but none for 25.

BarryKelly_0-1644907885777.png

For the 25 cabinets you need the library globals for 25 as ryejuan has shown you in another reply.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Hey Barry,

That's what is confusing me, i have A25 libraries loaded as you can see in the attached image, but don't have the associated options in the MVO panel.
I assume the 17, 21, 24 tabs are related to the migration library i have loaded or something but if i had the 25 options there i could just ignore 17, 21, 24 tabs... 

ivorhession_0-1644915457569.png

Ivor Hession
Principal

tóg_architecture

Hey Barry,

So i managed to get rid of some of the 17, 21, and 24 tabs and now have some 25 tabs, but not for the section i need, that is still showing as 17.

The other tabs were being created by junk in my embedded library folder which once i deleted them out the tabs went also...

Any thoughts on why the final 17 still there, below you can see the libraries i have loaded and also a revised screen grab of the MVO panel.

ivorhession_1-1644915733551.png

ivorhession_2-1644916104474.png

Ivor Hession
Principal

tóg_architecture
ivorhession
Booster

Hey,

Issue partly solved - I deleted reloaded all the libraries i was using and that seems to have fixed the issue of not having the correct Archicad 25 Tab, however the tap and knobs still are not showing in the 3d even though they are turned on everywhere i can find.

Thoughts???

Ivor Hession
Principal

tóg_architecture

Did you migrate libraries?

ivorhession
Booster

Fixed!  Closed the file started it up again toggled the MVO setting between two settings and pop! tap appears... 

Ivor Hession
Principal

tóg_architecture