Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Modify Morph not working?

D_BRANDT
Contributor
Hi,

Somehow I cannot make the modify morph > modify segmentation work - the dialog box is simply not opening?
The object is a beam made from a complex profile, and transformed to a morph.

As you can see the object is segmented which I would like to smooth.
Any idea how and why the "modify segmentation" isn't working for this object?
3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly
Should be working.
Do you have a second screen where the dialogue may be hiding?
Or have you used a second screen in the past but only have one screen now? - it may still be over on what would be the second screen.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
D_BRANDT
Contributor
Barry wrote:
Should be working.
Do you have a second screen where the dialogue may be hiding?
Or have you used a second screen in the past but only have one screen now? - it may still be over on what would be the second screen.

Barry.
Hi Barry,
Thanks for your reply!
I just gave it one more try, creating another morph from scratch, and no problems calling the dialog box.
So I tried different things to find out that when the beam profile is converted into a morph, Archicad creates a group with two halves. So I ungrouped and unioned the two halves, and then was able to modify segments

Didn't see the group at first...
Barry Kelly
D.BRANDT wrote:
So I tried different things to find out that when the beam profile is converted into a morph, Archicad creates a group with two halves. So I ungrouped and unioned the two halves, and then was able to modify segments

Didn't see the group at first...

Well spotted.
It is strange that Archicad will not show that dialogue when you select a group and grouping is enabled.
However, select exactly the same morphs when the grouping is disabled and you can modify the number of segments.
I think that button should be greyed out when grouping is enabled, if it is not allowed.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11