BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Object default setting

KeesW
Advocate
I've just added an Archicad 23 flue object and located it above the fire place, It appears all correct. However, I am now no longer able to get anything except the flue when I click the object icon. It seems to have become a default - all without my choosing. The message in the top of my box says ' object default setting'. I don't want this but don't know how to clear this issue.

BTW, clicking the 'Help' button on the topmost Archicad 23 menu, does not explain it. In fact, I've found this 'Help' very deficient on other occasions. In my view, any defined words or messages, such as 'object default setting' should be explained somewhere obvious. It also does not appear in the 3000+ pages of the manual. It is probably there somewhere but Archicad's software writers probably never use either the Help or Archicad's manual.
Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

cornelis wegman architects
AC 5 - 26 Dell XPS 8940 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD 2TB HD RTX 3070 GPU
Laptop: AC 24 - 26 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD RTX 3070 GPU
1 REPLY 1
Barry Kelly
KeesW wrote:
I've just added an Archicad 23 flue object and located it above the fire place, It appears all correct. However, I am now no longer able to get anything except the flue when I click the object icon. It seems to have become a default - all without my choosing. The message in the top of my box says ' object default setting'. I don't want this but don't know how to clear this issue.

The "Object Default Settings" is the name of the dialogue box.
It is a bit misleading as when you edit the settings (i.e. customise it), it still says "Default".
It should just say "Object Settings".

But back to the main problem.
I am guessing you have done a search for a flue.
This will now only show the objects that match your search.

Switch the button back to the folder view and you will see the whole library again.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!