BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Object to tabulate other objects

Paul King
Advisor
Hi
I am looking for a way for a GDL script to scan a section window or plan to generate a table showing parameters (as placed) of other 2D library parts placed in the section window or plan

I want to use this to automatically generate a key that only lists the parameter variations of a 2D marker object that are actually placed in that view.

Any help very much appreciated!
PAUL KING | https://www.prime.net.nz
ArchiCAD 8-27 | Twinmotion 2023
Windoze 11 PC | Intel Core i9 10900K | Nvidia Gforce RTX 3080 | 32 Gb DDR3 | 2x4K monitor extended desktop
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have done something similar, basicly calculate part numbers from placed objects (the placed objects were vinyl extrusions cut from longer pieces). The way I did this was have the placed objects write information out to text files, and then have a "report object" read in all the text files and do any needed calculations. After it performed the calculations, the results were set in the parameter window, and could then be read by the interactive schedule. If you want to look at what i have done let me know.
Karl Ottenstein
Paul wrote:
Hi
I am looking for a way for a GDL script to scan a section window or plan to generate a table showing parameters (as placed) of other 2D library parts placed in the section window or plan

I want to use this to automatically generate a key that only lists the parameter variations of a 2D marker object that are actually placed in that view.
Perhaps not fully automated ... but have you tried the interactive schedule? It can display any parameter for any GDL part. I haven't tried this in section ... but in plan it is the case that if you select elements, only those selections are used by the IS. So, try ctrl-a with the arrow tool (select all) in the section and go into the IS and see if you cannot get the table that you want - it can then be placed onto the section or exported and subsequently updated.

HTH,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Paul King
Advisor
Hi - thanks for feedback - last night I figured out something along those lines myself & while I can list parameters of a standard library part & even produce a usable key schedule, I cannot get the parameters out of a note object to list in the same way - even when the GDL script & parameters are identical

Also, I cannot get the note leader lines to be visible when placed, though the automated note text does show, and when selected, the note has the normal hot spot where the leader line should end

What am I missing?

Cheers
PAUL KING | https://www.prime.net.nz
ArchiCAD 8-27 | Twinmotion 2023
Windoze 11 PC | Intel Core i9 10900K | Nvidia Gforce RTX 3080 | 32 Gb DDR3 | 2x4K monitor extended desktop
Learn and get certified!