BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Openable window

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

I want to create a openable window as shown in attached image. I can able to create whole window except those 2 symbolic lines (tirangular shape lines).

Please give me a solution.

Suresh
1 REPLY 1
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
suresh_rcms wrote:
I want to create a openable window as shown in attached image. I can able to create whole window except those 2 symbolic lines (tirangular shape lines).

Suresh:
Unfortunately, this is not an easy thing to do, as the lines are part of the 3D model (to be seen in elevation). The lines must be part of the 3D Script (they cannot be drawn), and there is no command that creates dashed lines, each line segment within the dashed line is a separate entity. The command to use is: Lin_ x1, y1, z1, x2, y2, z2 where the start point and end point are set. If you do not have much familiarity with GDL, this is not the place to start.

The window in your image looks simple, can you find this window in the ArchiCAD library and use its built in functions for displaying the opening lines? If you want to pursue the GDL route, then looking at library parts that have these lines and using that code as a starting point is a way to attack the problem.

Hope this helps.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Learn and get certified!