Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Photo Marker with direction of camera and drawing reference

maurice100
Contributor

I'm looking for a photo marker/ object to indicate where a photo was taken with camera location & direction plus drawing sheet/ detail number. The photo is on a separate sheet of numbered photos. Has anyone found a label/ marker / object like this? Example attached.

Operating system used: Mac Apple Silicon Sononma 14

SCR-20240510-jhqq.png

Archicad R27

Mac Book Pro 16" Apple Silcone
1 REPLY 1
Ricardo Lopez
Advocate

Hi @maurice100 

The way I would do it without GDL knowledge would be a sort of rough but functional workflow:

Draw the angled lines and the arc. Select it all and create a 2d symbol object: File> Libraries and Objects> Save Selection as...> Object...

RicardoLopez_0-1715351746618.png

Place the pictures in a different worksheet view each, so they can be placed as drawings in a layout.

Create a Worsheet Marker referenced to The selected drawing. Browse for it.

Use Worksheet Marker 01 27; set the Marker Head as None or Line and choose the Show Drawing ID and Show Layout ID options for Marker Text.

Save it as a New Favorite for future use.

RicardoLopez_1-1715351971441.png

Now you can place the marker and the 2d symbol together. The symbol can be rotated and grouped with the marker if you need it.

RicardoLopez_2-1715352038026.png

I'm sure someone with better GDL programming skills could come up with a better solution, but meanwhile...

Regards.

M. Arch. Ricardo López
BIM Consultant | Project Solutions and Services | Panama
AC17-27 SPA+INT | Windows 11 | MSI WE75 9TK, 32GB, Nvidia Quadro RTX 3000

Setup info provided by author

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!