BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.
SOLVED!

Problems with the reveal in section (windows and doors)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello archicad monkeys

I have problems with the reveal. Everything is working on floorplan but when we see the results in section it doesn't work. The dimension is ok but fill materials doesn't turning.

Can you help ?!?!?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
We model the bit that turns inside (either plaster or wood, or some other panel material) with a shell. It cleans up fine in 3D that way. You can make a 'n'-shape with the shell, which is easy to offset in elevation to correct dimension.

Edit: added screenshot for clarification.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Lingwisyer
Guru
ArchiCAD limitation... The representation in 2D is a coded separately to the 3D of which the section is drawn from and I do not recall there being any objects which replicate the wall materials to build their own 3D returns.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Solution
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
We model the bit that turns inside (either plaster or wood, or some other panel material) with a shell. It cleans up fine in 3D that way. You can make a 'n'-shape with the shell, which is easy to offset in elevation to correct dimension.

Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erwin wrote:

Thanks a lot... it`s ok for that i want.
Learn and get certified!