Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Removing "Incompatibly Migrated" Library Objects

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello!

As we migrated our working template from AC21 to AC22, the attached library error came up when the program opened.

Is there a way to remove--or better yet, successfully migrate the "Built-In Post" object into the template to avoid this library error in the future? My only thought was to delete the offending object from the old AC21 template so that it doesn't migrate in the first place, but it seems to be an actually built-in object that I can't access through the Library Manager.

Thoughts?

Thanks much!
4 REPLIES 4
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
RookB:

I don't know why the Built-In Post is not migrating correctly. The Built-In Post is a Railing element. Based on your screen shot, it looks like it is part of a Favorite, so I would go through your Railing Favorites, locate the ones that use the Built-In Post, and see if changing it to a different post, than back to the Built-In Post fixes the error message (so the program uses the 22 version).

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Lingwisyer
Guru
I had the same issue with a bunch of the default curtain wall favourites... You would think that the defaults would be the things least likely to return an error...

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello,

The migration shouldn't end-up in errors like this, if something is not compatible with the new version they are replaced from the migration libraries. Could you send me the AC21 version of the template so that I can migrate it and see what the problem might be?

Thanks, Daniel
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
nathanehrlich
Participant

Did this issue ever get solved because I am having the same problem here.