Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

!Restored: Selection Box

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anyone know how to get back the selection box, i think i might have pressed a button and now the only way i can select an object is by hitting the two opposite corners of a box. In otherwords, the dotted box you create when selecting something is no longer. Anybody got any idea
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Shmuck Face

Have you tried re-starting Archicad?
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
You probably hit the S key. If there's a little dot following your cursor, then you have your grid snap on. Try hitting S again.

Cheers,
Link.
Dwight
Newcomer
Dear Mr./Ms. Face:

While Archicad is a complex and powerful software, (think of it as if it were "Stanley" in "A Streetcar Named Desire" (the movie version) where the character is complex and powerful but gets easily distracted or confused) it can get confused and unco-operative.

There are several graphic issues that require restarting Archicad:

1: loss of the selection box ants - as you note.
2: selection dots don't appear, yet the object is selected as indicated in the info box.
3: impossible hash of spider lines in the 3D window.
4: can't see elements as they are being drawn, but when clicking to complete the operation, they appear.

Just to be fair, these things usually only happen with two or more sessions of Archicad open and I get the feeling that I am running out of RAM since there are also another twenty applications open.
Dwight Atkinson