Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Rise and Run in stair label

RandyC
Advocate
In Canada we use rise and run for stairs , but the archicad - Stair Dimension label 22 uses "going"
I have received compaints about the use of this word -- is it possible to change "going" to "run"
by just doing a search and replace in the script of the stair label ?

Thanks,. Randy
ArchiCAD 4.5 --- 27 , Win 10 , dual monitors, 64 gb ram,Nvidia GeforceRTX 2080 TI, I-9
7 REPLIES 7
Randy, doesn't the label give you the option of giving your own term to the label? seems to me I've been able to not have to use the word going.
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
RandyC
Advocate
HI Aaron , I cannot find anywhere that I can change the wording and looking at the script it not a parameter

I wondeer if they use the word "going" in the united states ? nobody here seems to of heard of it around here.

Randy
ArchiCAD 4.5 --- 27 , Win 10 , dual monitors, 64 gb ram,Nvidia GeforceRTX 2080 TI, I-9
RandyC
Advocate
Same library part --- Stair Dimension Label 22 --
another problem - it is taking up too much real estate on the page How can I shrink the area between Id and dimension ?
there are two places: for plan labeling, and for the stair label
Think Like a Spec Writer
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
label tool didn't upload.
Think Like a Spec Writer
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
RandyC
Advocate
Thanks for the help Aaron -- It takes a bit of time to go thru each library part to find the correct settings - I should of spent longer but time is often at a premium .
You would think Graphisoft would change some of those wordings on the North America Library to terms that we use.

I found the answer to my last question -- I needed to check the "uniform formatting" box - I am including a screenshot for anyone else that may have trouble finding it. -- Thanks Again.
Palawat
Advocate
Hi,

It's in Master Script.
dim	stDimContent[5]
	stDimContent[1]	= `None`
	stDimContent[2]	= `Stair Width`
	stDimContent[3]	= `Riser Height`
	stDimContent[4]	= `Going Depth`
	stDimContent[5]	= `Number of Risers`
Archicad 26, Windows 10, Corei7 3.4 GHz, 16 GB Ram.
https://www.indigofigs.com
https://www.facebook.com/indigofigs