Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Roof Accessories

Anonymous
Not applicable
I used this option on the roof which makes the roof look pretty real, however it absolutely murder trying to rebuild just elevations and sections.Does anyone have any idea on how to reduce the rendering time using this library part. I am using the
4 REPLIES 4
Ben Odonnell
Contributor
Assieh,
Which one are you using?

Cheers.
Ben
Ben O'Donnell
Architect and CTO at BIMobject®
Get your BIM objects from bimobject.com
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry my message was half eaten!!
I used the roof accessories option for roofing surface material with spanish/italian tiles. it looks very nice on 3D and also on elevations.However the rendering takes along time.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Spanish Tiles are the worst for bogging down a project. So many polygons! There is no easy way around it, except to either hide the layer in all views you absolutely don't need them on, or turn your elevations into drawings.

Neither are good solutions really. Maybe you can add them at the very last minute before publishing anything?

You know you could create a custom fill by copying and pasting from a 3D view, using the 'Look To' button on your 3D Navigation palette and a flat marquee and copying and pasting onto your floor plan and then into your new Fill Type. Then apply this as a 3D Vectorial fill to a material that you apply to a roof. As long as your have the 3D Vectorial Hatching turned on in 3D and S/E, it will show up.

It won't give that 3D look but may do a good enough job to trick 'em!

Cheers,
Link.
TomWaltz
Participant
Duane once had the idea to create a crosshatch of the tiles, then used that instead of the actual tiles in elevations.
Tom Waltz